Friday, March 30, 2012

Mom looks

We are one short in our office right now.
It makes for interesting dialogue.  The filters are not always on like they should be.  Blame it on the fact we that much busier, but when talking with a student being bull headed or not thinking, the mother in me comes out.
Any of my own personal children could tell the student standing in front of me what he/she should expect the minute certain words come out or when a particular look floats across their faces.  My son would probably say "RUN!!".
The girls would look at each other and say "Shit, this is gonna be fun!".
Damn, my girls are like me.
Anyway, this brings me to an incident.  No names, no particular inference to a student other than to say as a typical teenager, said student is somewhat rebelling against the parental figures and unwise choices abound. 
Said student proclaimed illness. 
Parents said no.
Said student was not pleased.
I mentioned the obvious fact there was no illness.
Student said that should not matter.
The mom look was applied.
Student went back to class and was just fine.

I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment